Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- The Interconvertibility of 'R' and 'S' Forms of Pneumococcus
- This article by Martin Dawson of Avery's lab confirmed earlier research that demonstrated the interconvertibility of pneumococcus
types, conducted by Fred Griffith of the British Ministry of Health. Shortly after Dawson left Avery's lab, Lionel Alloway
would continue his work on the pneumococci phenomenon in vitro.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 15 (1,319,056 Bytes)
- 1928-04-01 (April 1, 1928)
- Dawson, Martin H.
- Periodical: Dawson, Martin H. "The Interconvertibility of 'R' and 'S' Forms of Pneumococcus." Journal of Experimental
Medicine 47, 4 (1 April 1928): 577-591. Article. 15 Images.
- Rockefeller University Press
- Reproduced with permission of the Rockefeller University Press.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Transformation, Genetic
- Research Design
- Exhibit Category:
- Shifting Focus: Early Work on Bacterial Transformation, 1928-1940
- The Transformation In Vitro of R Pneumococci into S Forms of Different Specific Types by the Use of Filtered Pneumococcus
Extracts (January 1, 1932)
- Beitrage zur Variabilitat der Pneumokokken (1928)
- The Transformation of Pneumococcal Types In Vitro (1930)
- Further Observations on the Use of Pneumococcus Extracts in Effecting Transformation of Type In Vitro (February 1, 1933)
- Box Number: 1
- Folder Number: 5
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Research and Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1912-1999
- SubSeries: Preliminary Research
- Folder: Scientific Articles, 1928-1937, 1966, 1980-1984
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services