Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- The Transformation of Pneumococcal Types In Vitro
- In this abstract, Dawson and Sia documented their successful experiments to carry out transformation of pneumococci types
- Number of Image Pages:
- 3 (193,258 Bytes)
- Dawson, Martin H.
- Sia, Richard H. P.
- Periodical: Dawson, Martin H., and Richard H. P. Sia. "The Transformation of Pneumococcal Types In Vitro." Proceedings of the
Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine 27, (1930): 989-990. Article. 3 Images.
- Rockefeller University Press
- Reproduced with permission of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Transformation, Genetic
- Exhibit Category:
- Shifting Focus: Early Work on Bacterial Transformation, 1928-1940
- The Transformation In Vitro of R Pneumococci into S Forms of Different Specific Types by the Use of Filtered Pneumococcus
Extracts (January 1, 1932)
- Beitrage zur Variabilitat der Pneumokokken (1928)
- The Interconvertibility of 'R' and 'S' Forms of Pneumococcus (April 1, 1928)
- Further Observations on the Use of Pneumococcus Extracts in Effecting Transformation of Type In Vitro (February 1, 1933)
- Box Number: 1
- Folder Number: 5
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Research and Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1912-1999
- SubSeries: Preliminary Research
- Folder: Scientific Articles, 1928-1937, 1966, 1980-1984
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services