Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- The Transformation of Genetics by DNA: An Anniversary Celebration of Avery, MacLeod and McCarty (1944)
- In this article, Lederberg marked the fiftieth anniversary of the 1944 paper by Avery, MacLeod, and McCarty and the opening
of the field of genetics.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 4 (643,590 Bytes)
- 1994-02 (February 1994)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Periodical: Lederberg, Joshua. "The Transformation of Genetics by DNA: An Anniversary Celebration of Avery, MacLeod and McCarty (1944)."
Genetics 136, 2 (February 1994): 423-426. Article. 4 Images.
- MEDLINE UI: 94200586
- Genetics Society of America
- Reproduced with permission of the Genetics Society of America.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- DNA, Bacterial
- History of Medicine
- Transformation, Bacterial
- Exhibit Categories:
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- After the Discovery: The Transforming Principle's Reception by the Scientific Community
- Box Number: 5
- Folder Number: 1
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Commentary on Avery and His Work, 1944-2005
- SubSeries: Chronological
- Folder: 1994-2004
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services