Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Marshall W. Nirenberg Papers
- THIS ITEM IS OBSOLETE. PLEASE CHANGE YOUR BOOKMARK ACCORDINGLY. SUPERSEDED BY:
- [Genetic code chart] (January 18, 1965)
- [Genetic code chart]
High resolution version (6,994,817 Bytes)
- By 1966, Nirenberg announced that he had deciphered the 64 RNA codons for all 20 amino acids. This chart from 1965 lists
the correspondence between these codons and amino acids.
- NOTE: Image obtained by scanning a negative of the genetic code chart.
- Item is handwritten.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (451,724 Bytes)
- 1965-01-18 (January 18, 1965)
- Nirenberg, Marshall W.
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Genetic Code
- Box Number: 30
- Folder Number: 15
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Charts (graphic documents)
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services