Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The C. Everett Koop Papers
- [C. Everett Koop and Hillary Rodham Clinton promoting universal health insurance]
High resolution version (9,839,541 Bytes)
- As U.S. Surgeon General, Koop became increasingly concerned about the escalating cost of health care, the growing disparity
in access to health services, the mounting number of Americans without health insurance, and the financial future of Medicare
- After leaving office in 1989, Koop continued to press for health care reform. He participated in a series of public forums
with First Lady Hillary Clinton in the fall of 1993 to promote President Clinton's Health Security Act.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (254,270 Bytes)
- 1993-11-22 (November 22, 1993)
- White House
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- Reproduction and Family Health
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services