Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Charles R. Drew Papers
- Letter from Jacob Billikopf to Charles R. Drew
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (37,479 Bytes)
- 1944-04-01 (April 1, 1944)
- Billikopf, Jacob
- Labor Standards Association
- Drew, Charles R.
- Original Repository: Howard University. Moorland-Spingarn Research Center. Charles R. Drew Papers
- Courtesy of the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- "My Chief Interest Was and Is Surgery"--Howard University, 1941-1950
- Letter from Charles R. Drew to Jacob Billikopf (April 15, 1944)
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- April 1, 1944
- Dear Dr. Drew:
- I was thrilled to read in the Philadelphia Press that you have been awarded the 29th Spingarn Medal for 1943. It is a richly
deserved tribute and I want to join your host of friends and admirers in extending sincerest congratulations.
- With kindest regards.
- Cordially yours,
- Jacob Billikopf
- P.S. I happen to be Chairman of our City-Wide Interracial Committee. One of our sub-committees submitted a report which you
will find enclosed. I have been asked to send it with a covering letter to the National and local Red Cross. Before doing
so, I would like to get your slant on the situation.
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services