Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Charles R. Drew Papers
- Letter from Albert Deutsch to Charles R. Drew
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (49,722 Bytes)
- 1944-04-17 (April 17, 1944)
- Deutsch, Albert
- PM Daily Newspaper
- Drew, Charles R.
- Original Repository: Howard University. Moorland-Spingarn Research Center. Charles R. Drew Papers
- Courtesy of the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- "My Chief Interest Was and Is Surgery"--Howard University, 1941-1950
- Letter from Charles R. Drew to Albert Deutsch (April 15, 1944)
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- April 17th, 1944
- Dear Dr. Drew:
- I greatly appreciate the sentiments expressed in your latter. I'm sorry that my comment on your physical appearance has
made you the object of embarrassing pursuit. The truth is embarrassing at times, but it must be told.
- I intend to keep punching on the question of full democracy for all Americans. I know that I express the feelings of millions
of inarticulate, but conscience-stricken whites who are ashamed of the inequalities so visible in our present society.
- It will be a pleasure to see you again when I am next in Washington, and to chew the rag with some of your colleagues.
- With kind regards,
- Albert Deutsch
- P.S. I'm sending you, under separate cover, & with my compliments the sketch drawn by our artist, Charles Liedl.
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services