Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Charles R. Drew Papers
- Letter from Charles R. Drew to the American Medical Association
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (32,815 Bytes)
- 1947-01-31 (January 31, 1947)
- Drew, Charles R.
- Lull, George F.
- American Medical Association
- Original Repository: Howard University. Moorland-Spingarn Research Center. Charles R. Drew Papers
- Reproduced with permission of the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center.
- Exhibit Category:
- "My Chief Interest Was and Is Surgery"--Howard University, 1941-1950
- Letter from the American Medical Association to Charles R. Drew (February 5, 1947)
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- January 31, 1947
- Dear Dr. Lull:
- The enclosed copies of letters to Dr. Fishbein are self-explanatory. For years all such communications have stopped at the
level of the Secretary of the American Medical Association. I hope that you will see fit to allow the matter to be brought
before the House of Delegates, for I believe they as a group will feel that the present position as regards Negro physicians
is an unjustifiable one.
- Very sincerely yours,
- Charles R. Drew, M.D.
- Professor of Surgery
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services