Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The Charles R. Drew Papers
- Letter from the American Medical Association to Charles R. Drew
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (48,799 Bytes)
- 1947-02-05 (February 5, 1947)
- Lull, George F.
- American Medical Association
- Drew, Charles R.
- Original Repository: Howard University. Moorland-Spingarn Research Center. Charles R. Drew Papers
- Reproduced with permission of the American Medical Association.
- Copyright 1947. All Rights Reserved. American Medical Association.
- Exhibit Category:
- "My Chief Interest Was and Is Surgery"--Howard University, 1941-1950
- Letter from Charles R. Drew to the American Medical Association (January 31, 1947)
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- February 5, 1947
- Dear Doctor Drew:
- I received your letter of January 31, together with copies of the letters sent to Doctor Fishbein.
- The only way that this matter can be brought up in the House of Delegates is for a delegate to introduce it. I realize that
this question is a troublesome one and I do not have the answer. It is entirely controlled by county and state associations.
As you know the American Medical Association cannot dictate any policies to such organizations as we are organized as a federacy
of constituent associations, so that even if a resolution was passed by the House of Delegates the state and local societies
could still refuse to comply with it. It will have to be decided at each county and state level.
- Sincerely yours,
- George F. Lull
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services