Follow Profiles in Science on Pinterest!
The C. Everett Koop Papers
- [C. Everett Koop and Assistant U.S. Surgeon General Faye Abdellah (in uniform) at an event celebrating the International Year
of Disabled Persons]
High resolution version (12,534,850 Bytes)
- Raising awareness of and removing obstacles faced by persons with disabilities in securing education, employment, and health
care, the goal of the World Health Organization when it declared 1981 the first International Year of Disabled Persons, was
also a longstanding concern of Koop that arose from his career as a pediatric surgeon.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (310,630 Bytes)
- Courtesy of C. Everett Koop.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Congenital Birth Defects and the Medical Rights of Children: The "Baby Doe" Controversy
- Folder Number:
- Scrapbook #101
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20894
National Institutes of Health,
Department of Health & Human Services