I know you must be plenty busy now, but I wanted to check with you on a few points.
1) Mutants - - in addition to tryptophasless[?] we're planning to get started again on B, and pub - - and if you haven't
any plans for them, perhaps we could arrange to get the strains concerned. Which brings up the question
2) E.Zimmer - - in the basics of reports of her progress this year, I'm doubtful if we want her here - - She may be at
C.S.H. and if you'd give me your impressions of her ability, etc - - I'd appreciate it.
3) We've been quite successful with V-mustard - - rates up to 3% in some sims - -with possibly new types (unknowns) or
doubles - - hope to get them analyzed this summer - -There are 10 methionines and 1 choline which haven't been homologized.
I think we'll run a few tests and then if no one wants them I'll send them on - -
[END PAGE ONE]
[BEGIN PAGE TWO]
most of the others are lysines - - which should be further tested. Is anyone continuing with them?
4) I still haven't been able to locate my copy of the Chem. Rev. paper - - So if by any chance you can dig one up, I'd
certainly appreciate it. By the way, I've heard rumors that a book on Biochem. Genetics is in view - - I hope its [sic]
more than a rumor!
5) Thanks for permission to use your figures. I've checked with Baitsell for Figs 3,5 in Amer. Sci. and the MS is off
to Harker[?] - - so Hushel's mind can be at rest. Hope its [sic] O.K. - - I sent you and H.K.M. a copy.
KW: [a month prior to CSH symposium];
.. more auxotrophs in Neurospora, B1, pab;
.. Esther Zimmer ??
.. use mustard as mutagen;
.. wants copy of Chem Revs. article
.. rumors of a [Beadle] book
[no mention of coli crosses];