The Joshua Lederberg Papers
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Ingo Benlich
- Item is handwritten. Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (69,766 Bytes)
- 1985-07-10 (July 10, 1985)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Benlich, Ingo
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Lederberg Grouping: Correspondence F
- Box Number: 41
- Folder Number: 104
- Unique Identifier:
- Accession Number:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Correspondence, 1935-2002
- SubSeries: 1985-1999
- Folder: Computers
- Dr. Ingo Beinlich
- [stamped, JUL 10 1985]
- Your letter of June 17 evokes the most sympathetic chords on my part. I faced similar skepticism about my own ventures like
DENDRAL -- however, I had a secure platform and was not staking my career.
- Dr. Shortliffe is probably your best advisor still. He has found a way to gain an academic foothold ; so his experience is
the most relevant.
- As a field, medicine is probably the most needy of a "new literacy" -- but professionally may be the most resistant.
- If Dr. Don Lindberg is at IJCAI you should consult him too.
- I will be at Stanford all of August. You can reach me, perhaps through Dr. Shortliffe, on the net as Lederberg[at symbol]SUMEX.
- Joshua Lederberg
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: