The Joshua Lederberg Papers
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Anthony Fauci
- Item is handwritten. Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (59,556 Bytes)
- 1991-02-17 (February 17, 1991)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Fauci, Anthony
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Lederberg Grouping: Correspondence F
- Letter from Anthony Fauci to Joshua Lederberg (March 7, 1988)
- Box Number: 39
- Folder Number: 11 & 12
- Unique Identifier:
- Accession Number:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Correspondence, 1935-2002
- SubSeries: 1985-1999
- Folder: AIDS
- 2/19/91 MJ
- Dr. A. Fauci
- [stamped, FEB 17 1991]
- re MHC and HIV.
- Dear Tony:
- For a long time I have wondered whether the MHC polymorphism was related to virus transmission.
- In re HIV, it could go either way: T-cell-anti MHC might be an additional receptor for initial infection by HIV from a heterologous
source. (That would select against the polymorphism).
- Do you know of any evidence on this hypothesis, viz. how MHC compatibility affects HIV transmission between spouses (or, less
likely, mother to child)?
- I'm delighted you'll be on our program at 10M on Feb. 25. See you then.
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: