The Joshua Lederberg Papers
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Barbara McClintock
- Item is handwritten. Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 2 (146,664 Bytes)
- 1982-09-09 (September 9, 1982)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- McClintock, Barbara
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Lederberg Grouping: Correspondence E
- Box Number: 35
- Folder Number: 26
- Unique Identifier:
- Accession Number:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Correspondence, 1935-2002
- SubSeries: 1978-1984
- Folder: McClintock, Barbara
- Dr. Barbara McClintock
- [stamped, SEP -- 9 1982]
- Are all the archives gone?
- Dear Barbara --
- I am trying to document the history of bacterial genetics 1945-1950 in some detail. The CSH conference July 1946 was of course
a major forum.
- In particular, I am trying to pin down the exact date of my own presentation, (ad hoc) after Ed Tatum's.
- So far, I have found noone [sic] who has a copy of the final program, or a diary or whatever, to answer that question. Telling
a story, I like to be as concrete as possible!
- By chance do you still have any notes or records of that conference?
- [END PAGE 1]
- [BEGIN PAGE 2]
- I have not been able to find an[letters cut off in original] else at CSH with any great inter[letters cut off in original]
in chasing down the [ . . . ]'s an[letters cut off in original].
- Forgive me if I've asked th[letters cut off in original] you before -- I've put the ques[letters cut off in original]
to quite a few people and may hav[letters cut off in original] lost track.
- With all my best w[letters cut off in original]
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: