The Joshua Lederberg Papers
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Herschel Roman, Annual Review of Genetics
- Item is handwritten. Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (52,354 Bytes)
- 1979-06-22 (June 22, 1979)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Roman, Herschel
- Annual Review of Genetics
- Original Repository: Rockefeller Archive Center. Edward L. Tatum Papers
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Lederberg Grouping: Published Scientific Article
- Letter from Herschel Roman, Annual Review of Genetics to Joshua Lederberg (June 19, 1979)
- Box Number: 86
- Folder Number: 71
- Unique Identifier:
- Accession Number:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Writings
- SubSeries: Published Scientific Articles
- Folder: P268: "Edward Lawrie Tatum, 1909-1975" (1990)
- [stamped, JUN 22 1979]
- Lindegren and Morgan
- I am not surprised at Beets' negative view. But I have a strong recollection that Carl perceived Morgan as being strongly
- Some echoes of this are documented in the attached. However, I don't want to invent a problematical historical fact, so
I would happily amend "strong encouragement" to "prompting".
- I hope the archives at Cal Tech might allow someone to dig out sharper details of the birth of Neurospora. It is hard to be
sure they are straight in recollections 40 years later.
- Thank you for bringing this up.
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: