The Joshua Lederberg Papers
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Daniel E. Koshland, Jr.
- Item is handwritten. Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (50,028 Bytes)
- 1981-06-21 (June 21, 1981)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Koshland, Daniel E. Jr
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Lederberg Grouping: Correspondence E
- Box Number: 34
- Folder Number: 79
- Unique Identifier:
- Accession Number:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Correspondence, 1935-2002
- SubSeries: 1978-1984
- Folder: Koshland, Daniel E. Jr.
- Dan Koshland
- [stamped, JUN 21 1981]
- Touting "excellence" as the criterion may end up being counterproductive: it may just enhance the pressure to publish
there and reap the prestige of that label.
- More helpful would be a set of criteria besides "excellence" to answer the questions why should the article be published
in PNAS, rather than . . . . . ? [asterisk]
- This will take some careful thought on the part of the editorial board: to define just what is PNAS' unique niche.
- Such an enunciation will make it far easier to filter out the enormous potential input. If there is no known, then why not
- What would that statement be today?
- 6/22/81 arr
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: