We have had a stroke of good luck--it just happens that Ed's K-12 is quite susceptible to Demerec's phage (or virus)
T-1! By implication, all of the biochemicals should be too, but I'm sending this off before having tested that point,
so that you can include this in any plans you may make, I am also, of course, sending you the virus--I had intended to give
it to you yesterday when we got back to the lab. This will facilitate my work immensely; everything is still holding up--the
prototrophs are not throwing off mutants in any detectable proportion, so they are not just cells stuck together, nor are
they (probably) heterocaryons, but I got some ideas last night by which that can be disposed of conclusively.
Thinking it over, I conclude that you are quite right in hesitating to join my name in the authorship of your symposium paper,
and withdraw that request. Ed pointed out that my position in that work in re Rhoads, e.g., needs no further strengthening
(as I thought it might) and that was almost the only point involved. I shall do nothing without conferring first with yourself.
Even if I find it happier to stay here in the Fall, I think that it might be a very good idea to approach Rhoads for assistance
for your work--I hope to see him in NY sometime in the summer. Hoping to hear of your coli results soon,
P+S+ Exps. just completed with nicotinicless as the marker, support the selection hypothesis so far, in cleancut fashion,
in the L-L+ setup.