While the possibility remains, I am trying to collect an archive of the early history of E. coli K-12.
1) Could I ask you for a four-page narrative of just how Gal plus [scientific formula, see original]Gal minus was initially
I vaguely recall that plus papillae were noticed on Gal minus Lac plus lambda8 cross-streaks with lambda. Can you corroborate/amplify
that? Just who made the first observation? How did that relate to your own role in the lab?
2) Have you saved your lab notebooks? Could I have (a copy of) them for permanent preservation? Especially the early months.
3) Could you narrate how the idea of lambda[symbol]dg grew up? I recall you attended a phage meeting at Death Valley. When?
All the best
[END PAGE ONE]
[BEGIN PAGE TWO]
I can dig some of this out, perhaps easier for you:
1) Just when did you come to UW? How did you hear of our lab? Why did you elect that?
2) How did you start your lab work? What projects?
I don't think it would be fruitful for me to approach Esther on these matters.