The Joshua Lederberg Papers
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Estelle Gilson
- Item is handwritten. Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (46,765 Bytes)
- 1983-11-28 (November 28, 1983)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Gilson, Estelle
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Lederberg Grouping: SAM Science and Man Series
- Box Number: 111
- Folder Number: 36
- Unique Identifier:
- Accession Number:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Writings
- SubSeries: Science and Man
- Folder: S277: "An Ache to Learn" (October 1984)
- Estelle Gilson
- [stamped, NOV 28 1983]
- FJR 1958-1963
- How right you are. My grief of 20 years ago was conflated with the pomp of 25. The word stands.
- I am well aware of the tricks that memory can play; and am grateful for the scaffolding of documentation -- when it can be
found -- to keep memory from straying. Thank you for correcting what I said.
- Emil Smith (UCLA) tells me that he (while at Columbia) dissuaded FJR from going to medical school. Francis evidently transferred
from Fordham to Columbia as an undergraduate.
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: