I apologize for taking so long to write this letter to you. I have been working 10 and 11 hour days to complete my research
work in the laboratory, work which is now nearly finished to my satisfaction.
The objectives in establishing a Professorship in Surgical Research at State University of New York Health Science Center
at Brooklyn are;
1. To make available to the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn an additional professor gifted
in surgical research beyond the number of surgical professors provided by State University, a dedicated, strong scientist
who will be assured his income and some research funding without the need to participate significantly in administration or
in earning money for the Medical Center;
2. To strengthen the already excellent quality of training for academic surgeons at that Medical Center;
3. To set an example for other departments at that Medical Center;
4. To enhance the recognition and prestige of State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn; and
5. By these means to facilitate enhancement of the basic scientific understanding of the yet unsolved ailments which still
If these objectives leave any questions in your mind, I would greatly appreciate your playing Devil's Advocate, just as
my wife did in converting what I had prepared and tried out on her into the above statements.
It has been a great load off our minds to have our wills properly drawn, and we both thank you for same.