The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- Titration of Activity of Extracts 1/40, 2/40, 3/40
High resolution version (6,197,876 Bytes)
- Caption by Maclyn McCarty reads: "Tests of trial extracts made in presence of fluoride illustrating the variability of
results and the lack of reliability of fluoride as an inhibitor of inactivation. Extracts 1/40 and 2/40 were prepared with
small batches of organism and showed some (but quite limited) activity. Extract 3/40, using organisms from 30 liters of culture,
lacked transforming activity."
- Item is handwritten.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (137,336 Bytes)
- 1940-11-05 (November 5, 1940)
- [MacLeod, Colin M.]
- Avery, Oswald T.
- Courtesy of Maclyn McCarty.
- Exhibit Category:
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- Box Number: 1
- Folder Number: 4
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Laboratory notes
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Research and Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1912-1999
- SubSeries: Preliminary Research
- Folder: Laboratory Notes, 1940-1946
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: