The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- "Extract #24 Overnight Incubation [without] Added Glucose" (image 1)
High resolution version (6,654,353 Bytes)
- Caption by Maclyn McCarty reads: "An extract prepared with pneumococci from 51 liters of culture omitting the addition
of extra glucose for the final two hours of growth to reduce the amount of polysaccharide formed. The activity (transformation
with .03 ml of a 1:10,000 dilution) proved to be the highest yet encountered."
- Item is handwritten.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (181,335 Bytes)
- 1941-12-02 (December 2, 1941)
- [McCarty, Maclyn]
- Avery, Oswald T.
- Reproduced with permission of Maclyn McCarty.
- Exhibit Category:
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- "Extract #24 Overnight Incubation [without] Added Glucose" (image 2) (December 2, 1941)
- Box Number: 1
- Folder Number: 4
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Laboratory notes
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Research and Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1912-1999
- SubSeries: Preliminary Research
- Folder: Laboratory Notes, 1940-1946
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: