The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- "Repetition of Dog and Rabbit Sera Experiments" (image 1)
High resolution version (6,335,263 Bytes)
- Caption by Maclyn McCarty reads: "Experiment showing the effect of dog and rabbit sera in destroying transforming activity.
The effect of dog serum was inactivated at a lower temperature than rabbit serum, and the same temperature differential was
shown to obtain on testing the activity of these sera in depolymerizing purified mammalian DNA."
- Item is handwritten.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (140,164 Bytes)
- 1942-10-01 (October 1, 1942)
- Avery, Oswald T.
- Courtesy of Maclyn McCarty.
- Exhibit Category:
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- "Repetition of Dog and Rabbit Sera Experiments" (image 2) (October 2, 1942)
- Box Number: 1
- Folder Number: 4
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Laboratory notes
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Research and Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1912-1999
- SubSeries: Preliminary Research
- Folder: Laboratory Notes, 1940-1946
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: