The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- "Transforming Activity - T.P. #43 - 44" (image 1)
High resolution version (6,504,524 Bytes)
- Caption by Maclyn McCarty reads: "Titration of the last preparation of purified DNA from pneumococcus type III before
beginning the process of preparing the paper for publication. All procedures in the purification process had been carried
out in the cold, except for treatment with ribonuclease and the Dubos enzyme hydrolyzing the capsular polysaccharide. This
preparation showed transforming activity in 50% of the tubes containing 0.003 micrograms of the final product."
- Item is handwritten.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (163,871 Bytes)
- 1943-06-07 (June 7, 1943)
- Avery, Oswald T.
- Courtesy of Maclyn McCarty.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Transformation, Genetic
- Exhibit Category:
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- "Transforming Activity - T.P. #43 - 44" (image 2) (June 8, 1943)
- "Transforming Activity - T.P. #43 - 44" (image 3) (June 8, 1943)
- "Transforming Activity - T.P. #43 - 44" (image 4) (June 8, 1943)
- Box Number: 1
- Folder Number: 4
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Laboratory notes
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Research and Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1912-1999
- SubSeries: Preliminary Research
- Folder: Laboratory Notes, 1940-1946
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: