The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- Avery's 'Neurotic Reluctance'
- In this short article, Diamond took exception to the claims of Stephen Toulmin and others that Avery was too cautious in identifying
deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) with genes.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 5 (428,963 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Autumn 1982
- Diamond, Arthur M. Jr
- Periodical: Diamond, Arthur M. Jr. "Avery's 'Neurotic Reluctance'." Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 26, 1 ([Autumn
1982]): 132-136. Article. 5 Images.
- MEDLINE UI: 84169388
- University of Chicago Press
- Reproduced with permission of the Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Transformation, Genetic
- History of Medicine
- Exhibit Category:
- After the Discovery: The Transforming Principle's Reception by the Scientific Community
- Letter from Arthur M. Diamond, Jr. to Joshua Lederberg (January 10, 1983)
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Arthur M. Diamond, Jr. (December 14, 1982)
- Box Number: 4
- Folder Number: 9
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Commentary on Avery and His Work, 1944-2005
- SubSeries: Chronological
- Folder: 1980-1994
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: