The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Arnold W. Ravin
- This memo was part of Lederberg's efforts in the early 1970s to better determine the initial reactions of molecular biologists
to Avery's "transforming principle" in the 1940s.
- Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (38,249 Bytes)
- 1972-09-30 (September 30, 1972)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Ravin, Arnold W.
- Reproduced with permission of Joshua Lederberg.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- History of Medicine
- Exhibit Category:
- After the Discovery: The Transforming Principle's Reception by the Scientific Community
- Harriett Ephrussi-Taylor: April 10, 1918 - March 30, 1968 (1968)
- Letter from Arnold W. Ravin to Joshua Lederberg (October 2, 1972)
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Arnold W. Ravin (October 6, 1972)
- [Excerpt from] "Titres et Travaux Scientifiques de Harriett Ephrussi-Taylor" [n.d.]
- Box Number: 5
- Folder Number: 2
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Commentary on Avery and His Work, 1944-2005
- SubSeries: Inquiries on Avery
- Folder: Lederberg Inquiries, 1962, 1972-1978
- To: AW Ravin
- re: Harriett/ Avery
- Do you have any specific evidence or recollection on precisely how, when Harriett
- a) learned of Avery's work
- b) first met him ?
- I have a note of having learned about it from her in Jan. 45. Dave Perkins thinks she gave a seminar on the story (in part
still unpublished) before he left for the Army (late "42).
- Any data you may have to fill out this story would be much appreciated.
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: