The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- The Discovery of DNA: An Ironic Tale of Chance, Prejudice and Insight
- This article on the discovery of DNA, which included the research conducted by Avery and Fred Griffith, was sent to Lederberg
by the author.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 20 (2,528,886 Bytes)
- Pollock, Martin R.
- Periodical: Pollock, Martin R. "The Discovery of DNA: An Ironic Tale of Chance, Prejudice and Insight." Journal of General Microbiology
63, (1970): 1-20. Article. Speech. 20 Images.
- MEDLINE UI: 71182142
- Society for General Microbiology
- Reproduced with permission of the Society for General Microbiology .
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- History of Medicine
- Transformation, Genetic
- DNA, Bacterial
- Exhibit Categories:
- Shifting Focus: Early Work on Bacterial Transformation, 1928-1940
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- After the Discovery: The Transforming Principle's Reception by the Scientific Community
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Martin R. Pollock (October 18, 1972)
- Letter from Martin R. Pollock to Joshua Lederberg (October 25, 1972)
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Martin R. Pollock (December 26, 1972)
- Box Number: 5
- Folder Number: 2
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Commentary on Avery and His Work, 1944-2005
- SubSeries: Inquiries on Avery
- Folder: Lederberg Inquiries, 1962, 1972-1978
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: