The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Martin R. Pollock
- Ledeberg thanked Pollock for the reprint of his Griffith lecture in this memo. Included at the memo's conclusion is a
handwritten note from Lederberg.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (44,492 Bytes)
- 1972-12-26 (December 26, 1972)
- Lederberg, Joshua
- Pollock, Martin R.
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- History of Medicine
- The Discovery of DNA: An Ironic Tale of Chance, Prejudice and Insight (1970)
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Martin R. Pollock (October 18, 1972)
- Letter from Martin R. Pollock to Joshua Lederberg (October 25, 1972)
- Box Number: 5
- Folder Number: 2
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Commentary on Avery and His Work, 1944-2005
- SubSeries: Inquiries on Avery
- Folder: Lederberg Inquiries, 1962, 1972-1978
- To: Martin Pollock
- Dec 26 1972
- Your (much welcomed) reprint and letter of Oct. 25 by seamail have just arrived. Many thanks.
- I will return the favor with some tidbits of historiography on the never-corresponding of Griffith and Avery.
- I think I now have most of the text material mentioned in your 10/15 letter (and ff.)
- Did any ever believe DNA was not important? since Miescher, Feulgen? and the knowledge that viruses contained either RNA
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: