The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- Oswald T. Avery and the Copley Medal of the Royal Society
- In this article, Bearn chronicled early recognition of Avery's work on transformation by the Royal Society of London,
and that body's decision to award him its prestigious Copley Award in 1945.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 5 (466,476 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Summer 1996
- Bearn, Alexander G.
- Periodical: Bearn, Alexander G. "Oswald T. Avery and the Copley Medal of the Royal Society." Perspectives in Biology and Medicine
39, 4 ([Summer 1996]): 550-554. Article. 5 Images.
- University of Chicago Press
- Reproduced with permission of the Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Awards and Prizes
- Exhibit Categories:
- Biographical Information
- After the Discovery: The Transforming Principle's Reception by the Scientific Community
- List of Proposed Foreign Members [to the Royal Society] 1944: Oswald Theodore Avery (b. 1877) 
- Letter from Colin M. MacLeod, Mary MacLeod to Oswald T. Avery [18-19 July 1944]
- Letter from Percival Hartley to Henry Dale (September 1, 1944)
- [Copley Medal certificate] (November 30, 1945)
- Address of the President: Sir Henry Dale, O.M., G.B.E., at the Anniversary Meeting, 30 November 1945 (February 12, 1946)
- Box Number: 5
- Folder Number: 1
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Commentary on Avery and His Work, 1944-2005
- SubSeries: Chronological
- Folder: 1994-2004
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: