The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- [Oswald T. Avery]
High resolution version (7,612,713 Bytes)
- Following Fred Griffith's demonstration in 1928 that R and S strains of pneumococci could be converted from one to the
other, the focus of Avery's laboratory began to shift to the problem of bacterial transformation.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (164,812 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Schmidt, Louis E.
- Original Repository: History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: B02066
- Courtesy of The History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Shifting Focus: Early Work on Bacterial Transformation, 1928-1940
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: