The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- [Colin M. MacLeod]
High resolution version (5,029,305 Bytes)
- MacLeod and Avery returned their focus to the problem of bacterial transformation in 1940. After MacLeod left to join the
faculty at New York University, Maclyn McCarty joined with Avery to complete the research. This photo appears to be signed
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (111,683 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. 1940
- Original Repository: The History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: B018330
- Courtesy of The History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Categories:
- Shifting Focus: Early Work on Bacterial Transformation, 1928-1940
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: