The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- [Maclyn McCarty]
High resolution version (10,195,254 Bytes)
- McCarty joined Avery's lab at the Rockefeller Institute in 1941. He and Avery continued to perfect purification techniques
developed by Colin M. MacLeod that were essential to unlocking bacterial transformation.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (211,603 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Early 1940s
- Original Repository: The History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: B017867
- Courtesy of The History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: