The Oswald T. Avery Collection
- [Army Epidemiological Board]
High resolution version (19,440,739 Bytes)
- This photo was taken at the annual meeting of the A.E.B. in Washington, D.C., in April of 1945.
- On the reverse, individuals are identified as: Back row, left to right: Dr. J. J. Phair, Dr. J. Stokes, Jr., Dr. J. R. Paul,
Dr. K. F. Maxcy, Maj. J. H. Dingle, MC, AUS, Dr. A. R. Dochez, Dr. C. M. MacLeod, Dr. A. J. Warren, Dr. C. S. Keefer, Dr.
O. H. Robertson, Dr. H. E. Meleney, Lt. Col. A. C. McGuinness, MC, AUS. Front row, left to right: Dr. T. Francis, Jr., Dr.
O. T. Avery, Brig. Gen. James S. Simmons, USA, Dr. Francis G. Blake, Brig. Gen. S. Bayne-Jones, USA, Dr. E. W. Goodpasture,
Dr. O. H. Perry Pepper.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (315,475 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- 26-27 April 1945
- [United States Army]
- Original Repository: Tennessee State Library and Archives. Oswald T. Avery Papers
- Courtesy of the Tennessee State Library and Archives.
- URL: http://www.tennessee.gov/tsla/
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- DNA as the "Stuff of Genes": The Discovery of the Transforming Principle, 1940-1944
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: