The Michael Heidelberger Papers
- [Michael Heidelberger]
High resolution version (21,978,660 Bytes)
- CAPTION: WINNER OF A 1978 ALBERT LASKER CLINICAL MEDICAL RESEARCH AWARD - Dr. Michael Heidelberger, Adjunct Professor of Pathology,
New York University School of Medicine, New York City, who is a winner of a 1978 Albert Lasker Clinical Medical Research Award,
it was announced today (Tuesday, November 21) by Mrs. Albert D. Lasker, President of the Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation.
Dr. Heidelberger won his Award for his studies in immunochemistry, which provided the scientific basis from which other scientists
have now developed today's practical vaccines against pneumonia and meningitis infections caused by pneumococcal bacteria.
Dr. Heidelberger shares the $15,000 Albert Lasker Clinical Medical Research Award with Dr. Robert Austrian of the University
of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia; and with Dr. Emil C. Gotschlich of the Rockefeller University, New York
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (233,414 Bytes)
- 1978-11-21 (November 21, 1978)
- Lasker Foundation
- MS C 415, Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation - Albert Lasker Awards Archives, 1944- , Modern Manuscripts Collection, History
of Medicine Division, National Library of Medicine, USA.
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: B09708
- Reproduced with permission of the Lasker Foundation.
- URL: http://www.laskerfoundation.org/
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Awards and Prizes
- Exhibit Category:
- "If I Have a Few More Years to Work, I'm Going Ahead": An Active Retirement, 1954-1991
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: