The Donald S. Fredrickson Papers
- "DNA: Risks and Guidelines" [Editorial]
High resolution version (727,463 Bytes)
- Final paragraph reads:
"We hope that will not be the prevailing view. Despite their flaws, the recombinant DNA guidelines have been the model
of a responsible approach to a dangerous technology, and of cooperative action between government and the private sector.
Had nuclear engineers, pesticide chemists and numerous others acted with similar caution and sense of public responsibility,
everyone would have been much better off."
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (519,626 Bytes)
- 1980-02-04 (February 4, 1980)
- Periodical: "DNA: Risks and Guidelines" [Editorial]. Washington Post, (4 February 1980). Article. 1 Image.
- Washington Post
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Guidelines as Topic
- DNA, Recombinant
- Exhibit Categories:
- NIH Director, 1975-1981: Biomedical Research in a Time of Trial
- The Controversy over the Regulation of Recombinant DNA Research, 1975-1981
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: