The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Michael DeBakey in his U.S. Army uniform]
High resolution version (26,268,435 Bytes)
- During World War II, Dr. DeBakey served in the Surgical Consultant's Division of the Army Surgeon General's Office.
Among their many accomplishments, the consultants developed the first mobile army surgical hospital units. DeBakey stayed
in uniform until 1946, to help organize a vast expansion of the Veteran's Administration hospital system.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (234,536 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. 1946
- Courtesy of Katrin DeBakey.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- From Tulane School of Medicine to the U.S. Army, 1928-1946
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Artworks, [ca. 1908]-2007
- SubSeries: Personal Photographs, [ca. 1908]-1991
- Folder: In Army Uniform, 1944-ca. 1946
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: