The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Michael DeBakey with President Lyndon B. Johnson]
High resolution version (27,647,513 Bytes)
- DeBakey with President Lyndon B. Johnson, December 9, 1964, giving him the final report of the Committee on Heart Disease,
Cancer, and Stroke. Johnson had asked DeBakey to chair the Committee earlier that year. Its mission was to assess the current
impact of heart disease, stroke, and cancer in America, and to propose a national strategy for dealing with them.
The inscription reads, "To Dr. DeBakey - with admiration and every good wish. Lyndon Johnson."
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (322,278 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- 9 December 1964
- [White House]
- Courtesy of Katrin DeBakey.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- New Directions for Cardiac Surgery and for Baylor, 1963-2008
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Artworks, [ca. 1908]-2007
- SubSeries: Professional Photographs, 1917-2007
- SubSubSeries: Prominent Personages
- Folder: Celebrities and Prominent People (BW), [1930s?], 1951-1990
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: