The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Michael DeBakey with his sisters and father at the Pioneer Club in Lake Charles, Louisiana]
High resolution version (27,574,459 Bytes)
- From left to right: Lois DeBakey, Michael, Shaker DeBakey, Selma DeBakey, and Selena DeBakey.
- Selma and Lois DeBakey pioneered the field of scientific communications, and later joined their brother at Baylor College
of Medicine. The Pioneer Club is a private dining club in Lake Charles, LA, established in 1948. It hosts private parties
and events for local civic groups. In this photo, the occasion was a fundraiser for the local American Heart Association chapter.
At this time, Dr. DeBakey was developing more sophisticated surgical techniques for aneurysm repair, including patch graft
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (288,137 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- 4 February 1961
- Courtesy of Katrin DeBakey.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Biographical Information
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Artworks, [ca. 1908]-2007
- SubSeries: Professional Photographs, 1917-2007
- SubSubSeries: Events
- Folder: Pioneer Club, Lake Charles, 1961 Feb 4
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: