The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Frank B. Rogers and the NLM Board of Regents]
High resolution version (20,479,360 Bytes)
- Back row standing: Dr. Ernest Volwiler, Dr. Jean A. Curran, Dr. Benjamin Spector, Dr. William S. Middleton, Dr. John T. Wilson,
Major General S. B. Hays, Dr. Basil G. Bibby, Dr. Worth B. Daniels, Dr. Champ Lyons, DeBakey, Major General D. C. Ogle, Dr.
Thomas Francis, Jr., and Lt. Colonel Rogers.
- Front row seated: Dr. Leroy E. Burney, Mary Louise Marshall, Rear Admiral B. W. Hogan, L. Quincy Mumford.
- First meeting of NLM's Board of Regents. Held at the Army Medical Museum in Washington, DC, one of the primary agenda
items was determining a new permanent location of the Library. The pros and cons of about 10 locations were discussed and
as part of the following meeting one month later on April 29, most of the regents went on a bus tour of several of the locations
before ultimately deciding (with DeBakey's encouragement) to house the Library on the campus of the National Institutes
of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (238,863 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- 20 March 1957
- Original Repository: History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: A017133
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Supporting the Medical Enterprise: DeBakey and National Library of Medicine
- [Agenda and minutes of the first meeting of the Board of Regents of the National Library of Medicine (including "Consideration
of site for new building")] (March 20, 1957)
- [Minutes of the second meeting of the Board of Regents of the National Library of Medicine (including attachments)] (April
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: