The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Honorary consultants to the Army Medical Library]
High resolution version (29,848,640 Bytes)
- Rear row standing: Dr. Edward H. Cushing, Admiral George W. Calver, Robert M. Stecher, Thomas E. Keys, Michael DeBakey, Major
Frank B. Rogers. Dr. Cushing was the nephew of Dr. Harvey Cushing; Dr. Calver (1884-1972) was attending physician to the U.S.
Congress from 1928-1966; Dr. Stecher (1896-1972) was a rheumatologist, medical library and museum advocate, and rare book
collector; Thomas Keys was an assistant librarian at the Army Medical Library from 1942-1946, then librarian of the Mayo Clinic
Library; Dr. Rogers (1914-1987) was director of the Army Medical Library (1949-1963) and guided its development into the National
Library of Medicine.
- Front row seated: Colonel Joseph H. McNinch, Dr. Wilburt C. Davison, Dr. Morris Fishbein, Dr. Chauncey D. Leake. Dr. McNinch
was director of the Army Medical Library from 1946 to 1949, and also served as chief editor of the Medical History of World
War II; Dr. Davison was the founding dean of Duke University's School of Medicine and its first chair of pediatrics; Dr.
Fishbein (1889-1976) was editor of the Journal of the American Medical Association from 1924 to 1950; Dr. Leake (1896-1978)
was an eminent pharmacologist, medical historian, and medical ethicist.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (335,433 Bytes)
- Original Repository: History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: B05248
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Supporting the Medical Enterprise: DeBakey and National Library of Medicine
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: