The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Michael DeBakey at the 75th anniversary of Lebanese American University]
High resolution version (8,890,225 Bytes)
- Lebanese American University is an accredited American university located in Lebanon, with campuses in Beirut and Byblos.
In 1998 at the Texas Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine and LAU signed an agreement to establish the DeBakey Medical
Center in Byblos. The University hosted the Byblos 2000 International Congress of Surgery on its campus from May 17-20, 2000,
which honored the DeBakey. DeBakey, with a team of surgeons from the University of Heidelberg and Baylor attended the event.
The DeBakey Medical Center, however, did not come into fruition. According to LAU, "In 2002, a visit by the administration
to Baylor College of Medicine resulted in disengagement between LAU and Baylor. The administration felt that Baylor is far
from being enthusiastic about partnering with LAU."
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (154,712 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Courtesy of Katrin DeBakey.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Anniversaries and Special Events
- Exhibit Category:
- DeBakey as Medical Statesman
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Artworks, [ca. 1908]-2007
- SubSeries: Professional Photographs, 1917-2007
- SubSubSeries: Events
- Folder: Lebanese American University 75th Anniversary, 1999
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: