The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Michael DeBakey with Kenneth L. Mattox at the Baylor College of Medicine]
High resolution version (26,923,344 Bytes)
- The Baylor College of Medicine's online profile of Dr. Mattox notes that he "is a Distinguished Service Professor
at Baylor College of Medicine and Chief of Staff and Surgeon-in-Chief at Ben Taub Hospital, where he has worked since 1973.
BTH has been at the forefront of surgical critical care, breaking ground with its automated system for the storage and retrieval
of laboratory data in 1975. Dr. Mattox helped develop the internationally renowned Ben Taub Hospital Emergency Center and
its equally respected Trauma Center.
His reputation as an innovator in trauma care is known worldwide. Dr. Mattox is past President of the American Association
for the Surgery of Trauma and Secretary-Treasurer of the Michael E. DeBakey International Surgical Society. He previously
chaired the Mayor's Red Ribbon Committee to address Houston Fire Department Emergency Medical Services, and sat on the
Hospital Subcommittee of the Mayor's Special Task Force on the Medical Aspects of Disaster."
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (364,013 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. 2000s
- Courtesy of Katrin DeBakey.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- New Directions for Cardiac Surgery and for Baylor, 1963-2008
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Artworks, [ca. 1908]-2007
- SubSeries: Professional Photographs, 1917-2007
- SubSubSeries: Events
- Folder: [Untitled Event], [2000s]
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: