The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- A Simple Continuous-Flow Blood Transfusion Instrument
- This article describes DeBakey's invention of his roller pump. Initially used for transfusions, the pump was later incorporated
into John Gibbon's heart-lung bypass machine.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 5 (318,091 Bytes)
- 1934-12 (December 1934)
- DeBakey, Michael E.
- Periodical: DeBakey, Michael E. "A Simple Continuous-Flow Blood Transfusion Instrument." New Orleans Medical and Surgical Journal
87, 6 (December 1934): 386-389. Article. 5 Images.
- [Louisiana State Medical Society]
- Reproduced with permission of Louisiana State Medical Society.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Blood Transfusion
- Equipment and Supplies
- Exhibit Category:
- From Tulane School of Medicine to the U.S. Army, 1928-1946
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Writings, 1933-2006
- SubSeries: Loose Reprints (Articles by M.E. DeBakey), 1933-2006
- Folder: 1933-1937 Jun
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: