Friday - We left Lake Charles at 11:10 P.M., Friday, April 1, 1921. We arrived in New Orleans 6:50 A.M.
Saturday - We got on the steamship "Missouri" 2:30 P.M. We ate supper 7:30 P.M. After supper we went to see them put
our car on the ship. It was about 8:25 P.M. They had a hard time because it was so big. After that we went to bed.
Sunday - We woke the next morning about 7:00. We ate breakfast around 7:30 A.M. We left New Orleans 1:30 P.M. Sunday, April
3rd, 1921. We ate supper 7:30 P.M. Then went to bed about 8:30 P.M.
Monday - We woke the next at about the same time as I mentioned above and ate breakfast, dinner and supper at about the same
time every day. In the evening from about one o'clock to four o'clock we had a little rough water.
Tuesday - The day passed and nothing happened interesting.
Wednesday - We arrived in Amman about 6:00 A.M.
Thursday - We left Havana about five clock.
Friday - The day passed and nothing happened interesting.
Saturday - The day passed and nothing happened interesting.
Sunday - The day passed and nothing happened interesting.
Monday - All day it rained and it was windy.
Tuesday - It was cold and windy.
Wednesday - The day passed and nothing happened interesting.
Thursday - The day passed and nothing happened interesting.
Friday - I went to see the engine that was running the boat. It was 3 cylinder.
Saturday - We had nice weather.
Sunday - We saw a rainbow. It was very dark.
Monday - It rained after dinner for about an hour. After the rain the water was very pretty. It seemed to be very gray and
it was very level. There was not any white capped waves.
Tuesday - Two men were caught that did not have any ticket. The Capt. Locked them up and gave them bread and water for feed.
20. Wednesday - Nothing happened interesting.
21. Thursday - Nothing happened interesting.
22. Friday - It was a little cloudy.
23. Saturday - We could sight land about 9:00 A.M. We arrived in La Palma about 1:30 P.M. and we left about 7:00 P.M.
24. Sunday - We arrived in Teneriffe about 7:00. We left Teneriffe about 11:10.
Mr. Fred Muller
Mrs. Sidney Kenworthy
Mr. Sam Kenworthy
Mr. Charles Poumeroulie Thurber
Miss Courine Chalaron
Miss Magda Chalaron
Miss Madeline Pitot
Mr. Basty Regis
Mr. Hippolyte Toty
We arrived in Las Palmos about 4:30 P.M. We left Las Palmos about 1 o'clock P.M.
25. Monday - Nothing
26. Tuesday - The time between New Orleans and the boat's time is 5 hours.
27. Wednesday - We saw some fish jump up.
28. Thursday - We saw some whales.
29. Friday - It was very foggy.
30. Saturday - We saw many ships.
1. Sunday - We arrived in Havre 10:30 A.M. We left the boat about 5:00 P.M. We went to a hotel by the name of Terminus.
2. Monday - We went around to see the city with an old sea captain.
3. Tuesday - They put our car on the train. One good very strong horse pulled it from the wharf to the train.
4. Wednesday - We left Harve 9: 00 A.M. On the way to Paris we went through a tunnel that lasted about 2 1/2 minutes. We arrived
in Paris 1:00 P.M. We left Paris 2:10 P.M. We saw many small grape vines. From Paris to Marseilles on the train we went through
a tunnel that took us about 8 minutes.
5. Thursday - We arrived in Marseilles 5:30 A.M. We went to the hotel "Little Palace". About 2:30 P.M. we went to
the church on top of a mountain. It was a very pretty church. On the inside we saw many small ships that were hung on the
wall. It had swords hung on the wall, too. From the top we could see all the city. They had 2 elevators. One would bring you
up to the church while in the meantime the other would bring you down. It took 1 3/4 minutes to bring you down or up.
6. Friday - We moved from the hotel "Little Palace" to the hotel Grenoble & De Savoie.
7. Saturday - We went to see the park in Marseilles. It had all kinds of birds. We saw bears, foxes, wolves, camels and antelopes.
It had all kinds of pictures inside. We didn't see elephants or lions.
8. Sunday - It rained.
9. Monday -
10. Tuesday -
11. Wednesday -
12. Thursday -
13. Friday -
14. Saturday - We boarded the steamship "Sphinx" about 12:30 P.M. and we left Marseille about 5:00 P.M.
15. Sunday -
16. Monday - We passed through two mountains.
17. Tuesday -
18. Wednesday -
19. Thursday - We arrived in Alexandria, Egypt.
20. Friday -
21. Saturday - We left Alexandria at 3:00 P.M.
22. Sunday - We arrived in Port Said 9:00 A.M.
23. Monday - We left Port Said 12:30 A.M. and we arrived in Jaffa.
24. Tuesday - We arrived in Beyrouth 10:00 A.M.
September - 1921
17. Saturday - We left Beyrouth, Syria Saturday, Sept. 17th, 6:00 P.M., 1921.
18. Sunday - We arrived in Haffa 9:00 A.M. We left Haffa 7:00 P.M.
19. Monday - We arrived in Port Said 8:00 A.M. We left Port Said 7:00 P.M.
20. Tuesday - We arrived in Alexandria 7:00 A.M. We slept in Alex.
21. Wednesday - We left Alexandria 4:00 P.M.
22 Thursday - We had a little rough weather.
23. Friday - We didn't see anything.
24. Saturday - We passed between Italy and Sicily. We saw some cities nearby. We saw volcano that was not very far off from
25. Sunday - We saw the mountain of Corsica. We saw one whale nearby.
26. Monday - We arrived in Marseilles Monday, 9:00 A.M. We left Marseilles 8:00 P.M. it was so dark we didn't have a chance
to see anything.
27. Tuesday - we arrived in Paris 9:30 A.M. We were so busy that we didn't have a chance to see anything.
28. Wednesday - There was a fire in Paris. We went to the Gos Magasins Du Lourve Paris, the biggest store in Paris. There
are three of them all close together. We left Paris 5:00 P.M. we arrived in Havre 8:30 P.M.
29. Thursday - My father went to Paris to see about the tickets.
30. Friday - The day passed.
1. Saturday - My father arrived from Paris about 8:00.
2. Sunday - It rained.
3. Monday - My Father left for Paris.
4. Tuesday -
5. Wednesday - We left Le Havre on a ferry to the Trosville about 7:00 A.M. we arrived in Trosville 8:00 A.M. from Trosville
we went to Cherbourg.
6. Thursday -
7. Friday - We saw a boy from Lake Charles, La. His name is T. Joe Tyler. He is First Class Fireman on the U.S.S. Utah.
8. Saturday - We went up on the top of a mountain where I could see the whole city and a long ways out on the sea. This place
used to be for the soldiers.
9. Sunday - We went to a picture.
10. Monday -
11. Tuesday -
12. Wednesday -
13. Thursday - We saw Tyler again.
14. Friday - We left Cherbourg 6:30 P.M.
15. Saturday - Latitude 49, 46. Longitude 1-w 4. Distance 214 from Cherbourg.
16. Sunday - The boat made 252 miles.
17. Monday - The boat made 272 miles.
18. Tuesday - The boat made 269 miles.
19. Wednesday - The boat made 302 miles. A man who was in China 26 years as a missionary told us about China.
20. Thursday - The boat made 297 miles.
21. Friday - The boat made 287 miles.
22. Saturday - The boat made 251 miles. It was very foggy. We had a sport carnival and I won 3 prizes. 1 st flat race come
out first. Bun and treacle race, come out first. Three-legged race, come out second.
23. Sunday - We went to Sunday school. The boat made 261 miles and it had 99 miles to go before it reached Halifax. That was
at 12 o'clock A.M. We arrived in Halifax at 8:15 P.M.
24. Monday - All passengers got off the Halifax 10:00 A.M. We left Halifax 12:30 P.M.
25. Tuesday - We made 285 miles.
26. Wednesday - We arrived to New York 1:30 P.M. We took a train at 1:00 A.M. to Washington D.C.
27. Thursday - We arrived in Washington D.C. 7:20 A.M. We changed trains there. We had waited until 9:00 A.M. so we took an
automobile and drove around. I saw the Capital. I saw the White House and I saw where the Senate meets. I saw where Abe. Lincoln
was shot in Ford's Theater and I saw where he died across the street. Washington D.C. Is the cleanest city I have seen
in all my travels. I saw Washington's Monument. The Southern Railway Station is the largest railway station in United
States which is in Washington D.C. it costs $4,500,000.00. Washington D.C. Is a very beautiful place. We left Washington D.C.