The Michael E. DeBakey Papers
- [Michael DeBakey with his Boy Scout troop of Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana]
High resolution version (32,869,854 Bytes)
- DeBakey and his fellow scouts "ready for the ole swimming hole". Scouting was one of DeBakey's many boyhood activities.
In Don Schanche's 1972 interview series (Tape 1, pp. 11-12) DeBakey remembered, "I was an active member of one of
the Boy Scout troops. It happened to be sponsored by the Baptists, even though I was an Episcopalian. The reason I joined
that group was because most of the boys in the neighborhood belonged to that Boy Scout troop,and, secondly, the scout master
lived next door to me. He was a great friend of my father's." DeBakey reached the Eagle Scout level.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (483,351 Bytes)
- 1923-08-20 (August 20, 1923)
- Keir Photoshop
- Courtesy of Katrin DeBakey.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Biographical Information
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Artworks, [ca. 1908]-2007
- SubSeries: Personal Photographs, [ca. 1908]-1991
- Folder: DeBakey as a Teenager, 1923-
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: