The Alan Gregg Papers
- Letter from Wilder Penfield to Alan Gregg
- A personal note of thanks to Gregg for funding neurology at McGill University.
- Item is handwritten.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 2 (52,004 Bytes)
- 1932-04-15 (April 15, 1932)
- Penfield, Wilder
- Gregg, Alan
- Original Repository: Rockefeller Archive Center. Rockefeller Foundation Archives
- Reproduced with permission of the Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital Library.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Research Support as Topic
- Exhibit Category:
- Director of Medical Sciences, 1930-1945
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Dear Gregg:
- Many thanks for your personal congratulations and for your thoughtful work on this undertaking in Montreal. I hope you will
not regret your decision to back our work.
- I do not know how to thank a Foundation, but I thank God that it exists and I pledge myself to make their generosity bear
the finest type of fruit of which we are capable.
- [END PAGE ONE]
- [BEGIN PAGE TWO]
- I may serve for little more than a layer of fertilizer but the gift will be used as intended.
- I hope that entirely separate from your official position, we may see very much more of you and perhaps also Mrs. Gregg.
- Mrs. Penfield sends her best regards.
- Sincerely yours
- Wilder Penfield
- April 15 1932
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: