The William Osler Papers
- [McGill University Faculty of Medicine at its semicentennial]
High resolution version (18,480,089 Bytes)
- A composite portrait of the Medical Faculty of McGill University, commissioned for the Faculty's semicentennial in 1882.
Composite portraits consisted of individual portraits grouped and printed on the same sheet of paper, with a painted background.
Osler is shown standing, fourth from the left. Dean George W. Campbell, who died that year, is shown standing in the centre
foreground. He was succeeded by Robert Palmer Howard, who is shown seated at the far left.
- Standing, from left to right, are Thomas G. Roddick, George Ross, William E. Scott, William Osler, Francis J. Shepherd, William
Gardner, George W. Campbell, Gilbert Prout Girdwood, Frank Buller, and Richard L. MacDonell. Sitting, from left to right,
are Robert Palmer Howard, William Wright, John William Dawson, Duncan C. MacCallum, Robert Craik, and George E. Fenwick.
- [Description courtesy of McGill University.]
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (300,211 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Notman & Sandham
- Original Repository: Osler Library of the History of Medicine, McGill University. William Osler Photo Collection
- URL: http://digital.library.mcgill.ca/osler/
- Image Number CUS_033-011_P
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- Medical Education and Early Career, McGill University, 1870-1884
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: