The Adrian Kantrowitz Papers
- [Adrian Kantrowitz and OR team at Louise Ceraso operation]
High resolution version (24,842,274 Bytes)
- Caption on back reads: "Overall view of the operating room as Drs. Adrian Kantrowitz (left, at operating table) and Arthur
Kantrowitz (arms folded) and the Maimonides-AVCO teams pause during the operation to observe patient's condition on the
oscilloscographic recorder. Instrument gives a second-by-second visual recording of pressure, pulse, and E.K.G. The operation
took place on May 18, 1966."
- Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (343,796 Bytes)
- 1966-05-18 (May 18, 1966)
- Courtesy of Adrian Kantrowitz.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures
- Heart-Assist Devices
- Exhibit Category:
- Replacing Hearts: Left Ventricle Assist Devices and Transplants, 1960-1970
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Folder: Kantrowitz-Avco auxiliary ventricle [press packet] [contains photographs], 1966 May
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: