The John E. Fogarty Papers
- [John E. Fogarty with Senator Lister Hill and U.S. Surgeon General Luther Terry]
High resolution version (6,625,797 Bytes)
- Luther Terry (1911-1985) was U.S. Surgeon General from 1961-65 and is best known for issuing the first official report linking
tobacco use and lung cancer. A cardiologist, he was Assistant Director of the National Heart Institute from 1958 to 1961.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (172,145 Bytes)
- 1961-12-14 (December 14, 1961)
- History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: A033444
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- "Mr. Public Health": Later Career, 1960-1967
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: