The John E. Fogarty Papers
- [John E. Fogarty and Health, Education, and Welfare Secretary Abraham Ribicoff at the dedication of the National Institute
for Dental Research]
High resolution version (6,241,237 Bytes)
- Fogarty sponsored the legislation that established the NIDR and several other NIH institutes and centers.
- Ribicoff (1910-1998) was Secretary of HEW from 1961-62; previously he had served in the House of Representatives (1949-53)
and as governor of Connecticut (1955-61). He later served as a senator for Connecticut (1963-81).
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (149,386 Bytes)
- 1961-05-26 (May 26, 1961)
- History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: B010323
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- "Mr. Public Health": Later Career, 1960-1967
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: